Subject: Re: [Leica] Interior photography
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:38:56 -0500

Per - my condolences for such a project.  First thing I'd do is to get one
of the P and S cameras and see IF you can make your own images to a decent
level.  I suspect it may be almost impossible given the nature of the P and
S flash - I can just see it bouncing all over the white walls argh.....  If
I had to do such a project I would see if using natural lighting and a
tripod would do the trick.  Obviously using the highest quality jpg is best
and the real estate agents should have some minimal photo manipulation
software to alter basic things.

When I documented our 3 room remodel project I used a combination of
traditional film and Digital.  The remodeling company has their own
photographer who comes in to take final pictures.  I was not at home at the
time but my kids said they pulled out all the stops - had people standing
outside with lights shining in thru windows, etc - i.e. they clearly were
professional.  They did need my help - they never took 'before' pics and I
had so they came groveling to me asking for my lowly amateur shots - truth
be told  the secret to most 'before' and 'after' shots is the 'before' shot
IS usually substandard in terms of the photography whereas the 'after' are
superior photographically - next time you see a  before and after see if
I'm right - even architectural digest does this - before is Band W whereas
the AFTER is color.

Let us know how it turns out

ernie