Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital back for Leica lenses
From: John Nebel <nebel@csdco.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:55:30 -0700 (MST)

Hi Phong,

It's really not too expensive for the computer - one can get the cheapest
G4 Mac or one up from that from the Apple web site with the minimum RAM,
then buy the maximum RAM from thechipmerchant.com - 2GB = 4x512mb DIMMs.

One can buy disks from www.sparco.com.  Putting a disk in a G4 requires
only one screw.  Adding memory requires no tools at all and
thechipmerchant sends a wrist grounding strap with memory.

As for the Sinar, a "bit expensive" was, perhaps, understatement.

$30k, or at least that is what a Sinarback 44 cost and an LCD shutter is
about $10k - I haven't checked the Sinar M / Sinarback 45 combination.
The full M setup could be $50k+ and one needs a computer-like device to
run these in the field.

John