Subject: Re: [Leica] Leonids early this morning
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:09:41 -0800

On 11/19/02 Edward Caliguri  wrote:

>Adam-
>    Hope you got some photos - It was clear as a bell 12 mi outside Boston
>(full moon was a bit overtaking), but I don't think the "show" was as good
>as last year. Still, nice to see 'em come around again.
>BTW - I didn't take any shots -- just lookin'. Sometimes ya just gotta look.

I didn't get good shots at all - our weather here was misty which made the
entire dome of the night sky glow. Probably it was a grand night for the
Nocturnes to be out working, it was almost surreal, but for viewing it was grim.
The big and small dippers were not visible at all to the north and only Orion
was visible as it climbed toward the zenith.

We saw three meteors - the brightest was an earth-grazer which we saw IN TOWN as
we headed south to the fields. It was bright green with a sort of
smokey-feathery trail. Had the sky been dark I think it would have hung around
for quite a while.

Otherwise viewing was bad so we headed back to bed, too chilly for watching the
submarine races.

Best regards

Adam