Subject: Re: [Leica] Get out the Leicas - Leonids tonight
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:15:33 -0800

On 11/18/02 Nathan Wajsman  wrote:

>Thirdly, I doubt that one will be able to get any meaningful photographs
>of the meteors with a Leica M, although it might be fun to take flash
>pictures of the other photographers (be prepared to be yelled at) and
>also to smugly look at the people with point-and-shoots using flash to
>photograph objects millions of miles away (I saw many people doing that
>during the Halley's Comet pass in 1986).

Really? Why not? I'd think a wide-angle lens on an M would be pretty spiffy
actually. It's not like anyone is going to be peering through the lens of an SLR
to capture a speeding flash across the sky.

In fact the excellent wide-angle optics of an M should do spiffy keen! One might
even make one of the very simple table-top star trackers (see Sky and Telescope)
and some vivid images could be obtained.

Adam