Subject: Re: [Leica] 1.25 magnifier with 135mm lens
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:35:17 -0700

I agree and disagree B.D. I have a Hektor and, though it works well, it
is a rather small frameline set to work with and I just tend to use the
lens on the visoflex with the bellows. I also used an  SL2 with a
135/2.8. I was happy with the results but the focusing in low light was
a bit touch and go. My compromise is a 135/2.8-M E55. The image is life
size and I can open both eyes or even betterr if I use the 1.25x
magnifier but then lose the ability to open both eyes. It is fairly
close to the actual size of the SLR screen and I can focus much easier
in low light. I am still trying it out and we will see whether its
greater weight will be too much of a liability.

John Collier