Subject: Re: [Leica] Dorothea Lange - Now Sears & Roebuck revisited
From: "Phong"<phongdoan@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:42:30 -0500

> Even into the 1960's -- I remember as a little
> boy drooling over many of
> things available in the catalogue.

Ten of thousands of miles away, I was drooling the same drool, so to speak.
My family in Saigon had the Sears & Roebuck catalog in the mid to late 1960's.
 We could actually all sort of crazy stuff.  Mind you, these were considered
high-luxury items; perhaps not the items themselves, but the act of shopping
at Sears & Roebuck. LOL.  Good thing my family got out of the country, as
possession of such blatant American capitalist device would qualify us for
re-education camps.  Not that we needed more qualifications, what with my
father serving in the army of the Republic of VN for may years, my mother
being a business woman, and us children French educated, coming from a strong
anti-communist Hoahao buddhist stronghold in the Mekong delta.

- - Phong