Subject: Re: [Leica] Info on Current SM Lenses
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:39:16 -0700

I do not know much about the numbers produced but it was not that many.
There was a high demand in the Japanese market where they were first
introduced. A special order by a Japanese dealer I think. News of their
availability in Japan created interest elsewhere so Leica did a run of
the 35/2A, 50/2 and 50/1.4 in silver chrome. They initially sold at a
premium over the M mount lenses but were heavily discounted at the end.
Mid to late production came with a bayonet adapter but I do think the
first ones did. Leica has said that they will make any of the current M
lenses in LTM if someone orders 100 and is willing to wait until they
can fit them into the production schedule.

Perhaps Joseph or others cannot correct any mistakes I have made.

John Collier