Subject: [Leica] Jupiter-12 on Bessa L: Real Data
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:09:34 -0800

I tried mounting the Jupiter-12 35mm f/2.8 on my Voigtlander Bessa L.
The results are the same as for the Bessa R2 (which, I suppose, is not
surprising).  To summarize:

   * Provided the lens is racked to its *closest* focussing point, the
lens *will*
     mount on the Bessa L.

   * Focussing to infinity is *not* possible because the rear element of
the lens
     comes in contact with the camera body.

   * The rear element of the lens does *not* come in contact with the
shutter.

   * The rear element of the lens obstructs the metering cell when
mounted.

In short, this is not a usable combination.  There is a high likelihood
of damage to the lens' rear element, although the camera itself would
probably not suffer.

M.

- --
Martin Howard