Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Winter up there - was Shoot more! - was Lenswork Magazine
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:44:44 +0100 (MET)

> Daniel:
>
> I don't envy you at all... well maybe during the summer when you guys
> never go to bed.
>
> Time for another trip to Africa for you?

:) :) :) Yep! January ... how could you guess!

> Someone recently told me that in southern Scandinavia, (Oslo, Stockholm,
> Copenhagen and Helsinki) that in the winter it doesn't get light until
> after 10 AM in the morning and that the sun is gone by 3 PM... true?

Yes, it's true. They don't get hit very hard by the darkness since they're
down "south". :) It's miserable enough, but I can't for the life of me
figure out how I got convinced to work 300km north of where I live
(Gøteborg->Oslo).

Further north from those cities ... it gets real dark. But, the people
say, they have snow and the northern lights to lighten things up
(whoopie).

Take care! In 36 days we reach the culmen and then the sun starts (slowly)
to come back.

Daniel