Subject: Re: [Leica] On my way to the drugstore....
From: DFangon@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:42:51 EST

In a message dated 11/12/02 1:28:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
happy.eyeball@verizon.net writes:

<< There's *almost* a cantilever-like balance toward the laughing man,
 beginning with the woman on the far right. However, the 2nd woman from the
 right breaks it up - I'd rather her not have been there, but that's the
 nature of it. The picture might also work cropped to show just the two men
 on the left.

 Cheers, Jeffrey >>

I respectfully disagree.  The two women's expressions provide an interesting
contrast to the main theme.  The 2nd woman's blank expression contrasts with
the tickled expression of the two men who were "in on the deal" so to speak
while the curious expression of the woman at far right heightens the viewer's
amusement and finds himself sharing a laugh with the two guys even though he
has no idea what the joke is all about.  Great picture.

It is not a coincidence that this nice photo illustrates what Jim Hemenway
was trying to explain to me.  My eyes started at laughing man, moves to his
friend and then to the 1st woman and the second woman directs my eyes back to
laughing man, all very naturally.  Thanks James and Jim.

Dante

PS, my only wish is when it's my turn to go to the drugstore to buy
toothpaste, I won't be too busy thinking of my "point of departure" that I
will forget to bring my camera along.

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] On my way to the drugstore....)