Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:23:48 -0600

DFangon@aol.comDFangon@aol.com11/12/021:30 PM

>"Well, if you go down to the drugstore to buy toothpaste, the
>possibility of encountering a serious event is far greater than if you just
>stand on the street corner waiting for something to happen."

This would suggest "engagement and action in the world" in contrast to "passivity". Makes sense to me. For whatever its worth, I took a video documentary course and the University of Wisconsin this summer and the instructor required that our documentary projects demonstrate an "opinion". I don't think that makes the work propaganda; but rather provides the work an intelligence that pure documentation would not have.

Replies: Reply from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine)
Reply from "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com> ([Leica] On my way to the drugstore....)
Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine)