Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:02:17 -0500

>>on 11/6/02 1:58 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@markrabiner.com wrote:
>>

>>>Not trying to be contentious, Rei, but i thought i knew my A&T backwards
>>>and forward could you give me a page number on that Neopan being a
>>>modified 400 ASA film and really being 640-800? This destroys my world!

_The Film Developing Cookbook_ Anchell & Troop
Page 14: "Neopan 1600 is an interesting film.  It appears to be an ISO
400 film with as much gelatin an d hardener removed as possible. this
allows the film to be developed for a shorter time with a slight gain in
speed. The true speed of this film is close to EI 650, and the tonal
scale is similar to Tri-X. However, it responds well to pushing."

>>>A lot of people i know are shooting it at 1600 and got having any
>>>problems with thin shadows at all!

I shoot a lot of this film in my F100, as well as Leicas. The F100 gives
me thin negatives unless set for EI 800.  With a hand held meter
(incident, mostly) I use EI 1000.

Phil Stiles NH USA

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers)