Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 45: One World government, gay rights, Christians and Guiness lovers
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:07:49 +0100

Last Sunday I had the good fortune to have a free day in London; I had
two Leicas with me, the weather was good, and I had time to go to
Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park. Despite my many visits to London in the
last few years I had never before visited this wonderful place, but from
now on it will be a fixed item on my London itineraries.

All pictures this week were taken with Leica M6 and 35mm Summilux ASPH,
on film as noted.

The main picture is a gentleman who advocated One World government and
engaged in very vigorous debate with the audience:
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_45.jpg
(Agfa Scala)
Ironically, about 15 metres from him a woman was speaking in favour of
expelling all immigrants because it would be better for mankind if
everyone lived in his own country...Unfortunately, my pictures of her
are not up to snuff.

A cowboy preacher (yes, he was from the U.S.):
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_45alt1.jpg
(Ilford Delta 400)

A theological debate takes place:
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_45alt2.jpg
(Agfa Scala)

Sometimes it is not so easy to figure out what point a speaker is trying
to make, even if s/he speaks perfect BBC English. This guy was very
agitated and argued fervently with the audience, but I never found out
what he was advocating, except that he liked Guiness:
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_45alt3.jpg
(Ilford Delta 400)

Finally, this gay rights advocate was by far the most articulate,
entertaining and coherent speaker of the day. His talk focused on the
difficulties faced by gays and lesbians in today's Britain, and on the
vote in the House of Commons on the bill to allow unmarried couples
(including homosexual ones) to adopt children jointly, which was coming
up during the following week, and which we now know led to yet another
misstep by the hapless leader of the Tories:
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_45alt4.jpg
(Agfa Scala)

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments & critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland