Subject: Re: [Leica] HUGE M7 Problem !! Well, not that huge :-)
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:40:33 -0400

Bill:

The socket in the case is not as deep.  I mentioned this to Joseph a few
weeks ago when I noticed his quick release plate did not fit right on the
M7.  I suggested he use a shorter screw.  As for my plate, I took the screw
out and filed a few millimeters off.  Works fine now.

I wonder if the original poster was referring to a Leica brand grip or a
third party grip?  It would be odd for Leica to miss this.  I was just
using the M7 with an old Leica flash bracket and the screw on this bracket
was not too long.

Regards,

Robert