Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:06:06 -0800

Martin.....

Hmmm, yeah, you missed my point slightly... or better yet... I probably
didn't make it clear enough.

What I meant was, and Dan C has already touched on it....
At the paper, as a photojournalist... I shot apartment fires, ground
breaking ceremonies, the Friday night football etc. etc. etc.... I did spot
news stuff. Then, for the feature story, I was sent to get the heart tugging
photo of someone dying with AIDS, or the welfare mother of a gaggle of kids
trying to live on $350 bucks a month... etc. etc. etc.

I got to the point where I tired of being a PJ, pumping out "grip and grin"
shots on a daily basis. I wanted to do more documentary kind of work, like
spending 6 months shooting a classical Japanese Dance class.  So I left!

But sure, I edit my own stuff.. it is just now... I also make the
assignments!  :-)

Take care.

Jim

J.A. Gatlin Photography