Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Photo books and prints.
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 22:10:34 +0100

Beddoe, Neil wrote:
> After last time's conflagration, I downloaded the PDF and viewed it several
> times, I've also read some of Alfie's posting history here and on photo.net.
> I'm convinced that he and people with his approach are the future of art in
> the 21st century and I was wondering if he's managed to achieve any
> commercial success.
>
> Anyone want to buy an unmade bed?

This last remark obviously refers to last year's Turner prize entries; I
was just in London Sunday and Monday and had intended to stop by Tate
Britain and see this year's version, but ran out of time. I did go to
Tate Modern to see the new sculpture which takes up the entire length of
the huge Turbine Hall, and it was awesome. The main problem was
photographing it--I was travelling light and had only 35 and 50mm lenses
with me, which were hopeless for this purpose. This was one of those
rare occasions where I missed the 15mm Heliar I once had. Monday I did
go to RG Lewis (my favourite Leica shop anywhere) and traded the
collapsible 50 Summicron I have been trying to sell here plus some cash
for a new 21mm Voigtlander. Unfortunately I did not have time to go back
to Tate Modern with the wide angle. But the lens is certainly a pleasure
to use.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman