Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Neopan 1600 developers
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:03:50 -0500

To echo Mark, I'm using 13.5 minutes at 68F in Xtol at 1:3 but using 100ml
stock per roll of 36 and get full shadows and nice highlights.  Do some
testing as to metering techniques. When I do everything right then the negs
approach 100 speed film as to sharpness, resolution, and lack of grain.  If
I screw up and overexpose the scene then it looks more like Tri-X in D-76;
not a bad place to be.

Also, if you overdevelop you will see the same increase in grain and loss of
resolution.  So, round up the neighborhood cats, kids, and dogs, shoot
several rolls of documented bracketed shots, and try different development
times to nail down your system.

Good luck, I don't even use a 400 speed anymore as 100 Across and Neopan
1600 cover the bases pretty well for me.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com