Subject: RE: [Leica] One day I'll bite the bullet and do a PAW!
From: rodgersd@fosterfarms.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:04:45 -0800

Mark,

I liked this image. Very nice portrait in difficult light (shaded subject
with full sun background). The image is sharp and focus is good.

I have two recommendations. First, if possible remove the guy in the
background on the right. The wine bottles are eyecatching and he's right
amid them, and distracting. Too late for more narrow dof. A little gausian
blur in Photoshop could eliminate the entire background. (cheating perhaps,
but it does wonders). Secondly, subject could use some hue adjustment. Lots
of red, reflected from above perhaps. (Or maybe it's my monitor
calibration). I'd give up some color correctness in the background for a
more natural skintone.

You definately captured the subject's expression at just the right moment.
Great photograph! It tells a nice story.

DaveR.

>>http://www.leica-gallery.net/mark-pope/image-35022.html  was taken during
Sunday market in the village close to the gite we were hiring.  The
gentleman in question owns a small vineyard and produces an excellent range
of wines.  They are certainly good enough for us to buy 60-70 bottles to
keep us going through the winter!<<

Replies: Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] One day I'll bite the bullet and do a PAW!)