Subject: RE: [Leica] Reformulated Tri-X?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 23:44:25 -0500

- --On Saturday, November 2, 2002 6:16 PM -0700 Tim Atherton
<tim@KairosPhoto.com> wrote:

> Here is some info on the "new" Tri-X from the LF List yesterday (in
> response to some polemics about Kodak and Tri-x:

<snip>

> 6) Kodak is doing this for you, not them. They could leave the old
> facility intact and the quality of all the B&W films would steadily
> decline over the next five years, and they would make more profits. But
> they are implementing a
> modern, very expensive coating facility instead.

Perhaps, but the company did retire all the senior people who knew anything
about B&W film, so we'll probably never see a new B&W film out of Kodak
even as they milk the existing products for their last nickel.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.