Subject: Re: [Leica] A Deadman 360/Honest Ed
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 13:56:37 -0500

Johnny wrote:

"As for 'Honest' Ed Mirvish, he's an octagenarian store owner (owner of
Honest Ed's, naturally) and the uncrowned king of Toronto. Everyone should
go to his birthday party at least once. I wrote a bit about him on my site
here:
http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfolios/mirvish/index.html
This is LAST year's party, which was actually better."

I'm happy to at last find out something about Honest Ed. On my only visit
to Toronto so far, twenty (gasp!) years ago, his store was one of the
weirdest things I saw outside Chinatown. I dug up the slide I took of it
one evening at dusk. With a head full of weed, it was quite a sight! Too
bad half the neon wasn't turned on.

http://quazynet.no-ip.org/PAW/HonestEd.htm

Hope viewers can read the signs.

BTW, I'm knocked out by your Oxford Street shots.
http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfolios/htrevisited/index.html

Carl