Subject: [Leica] R4 winder questions
From: randy@jamzcheer.com
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:19:54 -0800

I recently bought an R4 winder for my R4s body and I have a couple questions
about it.  Hopefully the knowledge on the LUG can help, because internet
searches have not.

My questions are:  (1) When I get to the end of the roll the motor does not
automatically reset itself and won't work until I quickly remove and put back
the battery pack.  It appears that this is the way Leica expects this to be
done, but I'm not sure if that's the case.  Just wondering if there's a better

way.

Also (2, I suppose - lol) The shutter release on the drive seems dirty and
doesn't always show the shutter speed when pressed.  Is this release supposed
to lock autoexposure when pressed farther like the main shutter release?  I
have noticed that this release makes the winder operate in "continuous" mode,
so I'm sure there are differences.

Thanks in advance for any help!  Also, if anyone knows of anything quirky about

this drive, I'd like to know.

Obviously the entire list doesn't need to read these answers, so if you want to

respond personally my email is randy@jamzcheer.com

Thanks again.