Subject: Re: [Leica] 3E warranty repair?
From: "Frank Farmer"<frankandaubrey@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:58:39 -0500

John,

The aperture ring had become increasingly loose - to the point that there was
very little, if any at all, of the notches left that indicate the stops and
half stops.  Also, the aperture ring seemed to move in a plane that was
generally inappropriate - ie, it moved from the front element to the rear more
than I thought it should.  So, alas, it was shipped to New Jersey for repair
after an e-mail conference with folks both in Germany and New Jersey.  It
should arrive tomorrow.  Of course, I won't be able to comment on the repair
until I have it back in hand.  I do hope all is well with it though.

Frank