Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:10:41 -0600

Joe, my reaction to filling out a form each time I comment on a picture...
well, I guess you don't wanna hear it. I work at a state university, and the
profusion of forms is just downright silly.

I don't often comment out in the open LUG.  If I do, it is rare, or an
accident, or I think I can offer something that others might need.

I just don't think that a critique form is very valuable, especially in my
way of shooting, which often is from the hip.  I take a tiny moment to
compose, and often until I have seen the proofs, I have no idea which shot
might be THE one.  I  sit down and brutally throw away contenders until I
have something that I consider the best shot of the week.

For every PAW, I shoot about 80 shots.  I rarely post alternates.  If I have
something else I want to share, I wait  and post it as a separate shot.

As far as classification in the headers?  Go look at my web site and try to
classify my PAWs.   If you can make them fit into some dandy little
categories, I'll buy a five gallon jug of your lens cleaner.  (I might do
that anyhow, even if you don't classify them.)

In my mind, the PAW project is not broken.   Seems the only folks who want
to fix it are those who are not shooting and posting.

Sonny
(who posts at http://www.sonc.com)