Subject: Re: [Leica] moon shots?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:34:29 -0700

It is lit by the sun so use the sunny 16 rule. I am not joking though I
would bracket on the + side up a stop as well as we tend to think of
the moon as silvery rather than the grey that it is. The second point
is that the moon is hustling through the sky so you need a fast shutter
speed. If you are using a long lens, you need an even faster shutter
speed. 1/60 is about the slowest you can go with a 50mm lens and stop
the moon's motion. So at least use the inverse of your lens and faster
if you can.

John Collier