Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: corbeau@hekizan.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:50:16 -0800

I feel similar to Alastair.  The important point of the PAW was to shoot
regularly and often and hopefully show a positive trend over the course of
the project.  Positive reinforcement of the good stuff and a silent
dismissal of the substandard seems a natural course.  This is especially
true given the incredibly broad scope of photographic interests on the LUG.

For a true critical evaluation, you'd probably be better suited by a list
oriented to the type of photography in which you're interested rather than
one dedicated to a brand of equipment.  For example, I participate (mostly
lurk) on the Streetphoto list run by Johnny Deadman.  That list, with it's
narrow topical focus, offers very good criticism by many talented
photographers.  Often the criticism is not 'nice' but generally seems to be
delivered with a great deal of forethought.  There have been recent threads
that the criticism may be too strong, scaring off the newbies and such...

C.