Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:02:51 +1100

>I'm new to posting, having been a "lurker" for quite awhile due to my fear of
>weighing in on various issues and being torn apart (however well intentioned)
>by far more knowledgeable members of LUG. But there seems to be a lack of,
>shall we say, intensity with respect to review and comment on PAWs. I'll be
>blunt -- I've seen a large number of PAWs that are, at best, mediocre, almost
>snapshots at a backyard barbeque that could have been taken with a $70 point
>and shoot camera.

Ellis,

Remember that PAW's will go up and down. The posters are looking to
force themselves to put up an image each week, and therefore the
quality of that image will vary with opportunity and the phase of the
moon. It doesn't help to be too critical, as that can start the LUG
down the slippery slope, but many of the comments are aimed at
critic: ie crop here, dodge there, PS that out etc. Also, not many of
us are really in a position to be TOO critical ;-)

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com