Subject: [Leica] Leica R to EOS lens adapter
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:09:27 -0400

I have been looking for a lens adapter to use
Leica lenses on Canon digital SLR (in particular D30).
I first heard about such adapters here on the LUG.
I just came back from the Photographica camera show
here in the Boston area,  where none of the dealers
have heard of such a thing.  (Saw Sherry Krauter in good
form, though didn't have a chance to tak to her, as she was
very busy).

I had hoped to be able to try it first hand, but that didn't
work out too well,  I would appreciate comments about
the shortcomings of using such adapters with Leica R
lenses with Canon digital bodies, in particular the D30
and 1D.  Lenses I have in mind are 70-200 APO Vario
Elmarit 2.8, 100 Macro Elmarit, 19mm (will this one even
work on an adapter ?)

Finally, where can I buy the adapter ?  Any particular brand ?

The prospect of being able to use R lenses on a digital
body is very exciting to me, and may convince me to keep
my lone R lens.

Thanks in advance for any help,

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from Gerry Walden <gwpics@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica R to EOS lens adapter)