Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilust strikes: FS 90/2AA
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:47:39 -0700

This header i keep seeing the last few days and it gets me because I got
my Noctilux a little over a year ago and of course it stayed on the
camera for quite a few months and i really got to know it and the whole
deal of wide open shooting. Finally one day I was heading out on a long
walk and i was up for a change; needed some reach for the shots I kept
on seeing and i put on the 90/2AA (Summicron apo Asph). An awesome pice
of glass it did not feel like a step down. In some way it felt like a
telephoto Noctilux - I'd never had a long lens this fast when i was
shooting Nikons.

Both lenses are such a nice pair of gorgeous glass what other camera
system  would we have such a nice set of gorgeous glass surfaces like
that that you could look at in your spare time?

Anyway i found it was entirely possible to shoot wide open with
something other than a Noctilux and the results were in some ways better
but certainly different.

I wend back and forth between the two lenses at that time and still do
know. They are my fast lens subject isolation set. It would be nice if i
had a fast wide to compleat that set: The Summicron 28 or Summilux 35
Asph. But for some reason I'm OK with this pair of optics. Two's company
three's a crowd.

Does an Summicron 28 or Summilux 35 Asph isolate  your subject? (Wide open?)

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com