Subject: Re: [Leica] too many frames on roll
From: pmjensen <pmjensen@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 02 08:31:10 -0700

>With every batch of films developed, I have some tag ends from each
>roll. These get their own plastic sheet, and when the seven slots are
>filled, I print them.

Paradigm shift:
Instead of seeing each roll as discreet and the 37th frame as a tag end,
I see all my shooting as a continuum (or continuous roll). The last
(extra) strip becomes the first strip on the next roll.
The break between rolls (which really is artificial, isn't it?) actually
falls (five times out of six) somewhere in the middle of the proof sheet.
Some people (and many pro labs) use 8.5x11 paper for contacts: six strips
top to bottom plus one short strip laid perpendicular at the side.
I'm getting 39 frames (when I'm careful) with HP5. I'm not that cheap -
it's just a game, a challenge.

Best,
- ---Peter