Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicas stolen - LUG strikes back!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:56:15 -0400

Neil,

Ah, in your "view" the legal system punishment is now based on how much
money you earn, so you only serve "due justice" to people who can afford to
have it served upon them?

I have no problem with leniency, but still, the punishment should fit the
crime to some degree...and a "ticket" is hardly fitting for someone
KNOWINGLY STEALING someone else's camera/property. Suppose that camera was
the lifeblood of the owner, and he simply could not afford another one, and
the loss of it left him/her with an inability to make an income?  S/he
worked for years flipping chicken simply to earn enough to afford it.  How
did the thief know that wasn't the case beforehand?

Please...

Austin