Subject: [Leica] x-rays and office buildings...
From: Ian Watts <i.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:56:40 +0100

Obviously these things vary but my experience of office x-ray scanners are
that they can be a problem. I used to be an assistant two or three years ago
and I distinctly remember trying to work out with my photographer employer
why the previous day's shoot at a major City of London institution had been
almost totally ruined by fogging. We were ready to blame the lab until we
remembered that most of the film we used had been delivered by courier
during the morning of the shoot. Enquiring further we discovered that the
building's security routinely x-rayed any package that arrived. Bearing in
mind that the shoot was most probably shot using Provia, these office x-ray
machines can clearly be quite powerful.

Ian Watts