Subject: Re: Rif: [Leica] Neopan 1600 in DDx...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:40:01 -0700

John Straus wrote:

> Thanks for all the comments on DDX & Neopan 1600. I will be trying out the
> various methods posted :)
>
> I will say that I got used to the frugality of XTOL and might only use the
> DDX when best suited.
>
> --
> John Straus

I've seen 11x14's run in DDT which were sent to me regularly all last
year and it does not make me want to experiment with it at all.
The prints are noticeably less sharp and had worse grain quality and
edge effects than Xtol 1:3. The film was Delta 400 which i just switched
away from to Neopans. Some great prints but despite the developer I felt.

Why would i use DDT?  The Conveniences of a one shot? I've already got
that. I grab one of my little brown 250 ml bottles of Xtol and mix up a
liter of developer with it just like that. That's a one shot if I ever
say one!
Cheaper?! It's so rare i go for the cheap option. What a nice relief!
It's nice when that happens.
"You get what you pay for" is not always what the doctor ordered.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com