Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs M6 TTL
From: frankandaubrey@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:25:51 -0400

Rafael,

     I use a M6-TTL and love the camera.  Other differences that may play into
your decision include the fact that the TTL has an actual "off" notch on its
slightly larger shutter speed dial.  The M6 Classic has drained some batteries
by not having a dedicated "off" switch if my understanding is correct.  That
is due to the shutter release being left slightly depressed in storage.
     Also, why not give yourself the advantage of easier flash photography
just in case you might need or want it?  You mentioned that you do do some
indoor photography but I've found the TTL feature to be very useful as I've
taken many more indoor snapshot type photos with this rig than I originally
anticipated.  That is just me though.
    Finally, in practice, I don't think that the very slight size diffence is
an advantage or disadvantage one over the other.  You just have to see what
feels comfortable.
    In all, though either one is a winner, my suggestion is to go with the
M6-TTL.

Good luck,
Frank