Subject: Re: [Leica] M7a? Sure.....And Look!! Pigs with wings!!!!!
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:26:03 -0500

At 11:36 AM 10/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> > I'd like to know if any of you have heard of this? I fear the M7 might have
> > been rushed to market in order to combat what was perceived as a threat
> from
> > the Hexar,

If they've been following this site's comments, I doubt that they would
feel insecure at all. Leicaphiles on the LUG have been pretty consistent in
their contempt for the Hexar RF. If they feared losing sales to something,
it would be Voigtlander. Konica has even taken the stance of telling Hexar
RF users that their body will not work correctly with Leica lenses.

I, for one, hope that they don't fool around with an M7a, as that notion
reminds me of Nikon's decision to enter the Joe Blow consumer market 20
years ago with plastic bodies and outsourced lenses.

Jeffery