Subject: Re: [Leica] shadow detail question
From: frankandaubrey@mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:35:57 -0400

Simon,

My understanding of why that is has to do with pushing and pulling film in
general.  For example,when you push 400 speed film to 800 or 1600 you increase
the contrast rendered on the negative.  The opposite is true for pulling film,
i.e., shooting 1600 at 800 or 400 speed.  In theory, by shooting 3200 at 400
you should be able to notice an increase in shadow detail.  Does this sound
correct to everyone?  -- Frank