Subject: [Leica] LHSA Portland meeting, more pictures
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:13:20 -0700 (PDT)

I've added some more pictures from the LHSA meeting to my site.
I may still add one or two more soon.

http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/13henning.htm
http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/14tuulikki.htm
http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/20gilbert.htm
http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/21leicarose.htm
http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/23-2pkleins.htm

Previously posted, but with simpler file names now:

http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/30ted.htm
http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/30teddetail.htm (detail of above)
http://www.2alpha.net/~pklein/lhsa2002/36rabiner.htm

In answer to the inevitable questions about #23:

* I'm the one on the left
* No, we're not related.
* Yes, you can read the nametags on an 8.5x11 from the original TIFF.

These pictures were on with a Leica M4-P on T400CN, taken mostly with the
Cosina/Voigtlander 50mm Nokton, wide open or nearly so. The photo of
George Gilbert was taken with the 85/2 Nikkor, wide open.

I saw several people shooting with Noktons and Ultrons, a couple of
Russian lenses, and even a classic Canon 50/1.2. So some among even the
card-carrying Leicaratti use those "other" lenses.  I brought my 35 and 50
Summicrons too, but among moving and gesturing people, I really needed
f/1.5 a lot of the time.

If I get to St. Louis next year, I'll probably pack Neopan 1600 and
develop it in Vitamin X, 1:3.  T400CN is in many ways a lovely film with a
great range.  But it does fall down a bit in the shadows.

All this notwithstanding, I think I got a few good people shots on this
roll.

Enjoy!
- --Peter