Subject: [Leica] Scanning Software for Nikon 8000 (probably 4000 as well)
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:29:50 -0400

Hi!
    The *NEW* 6.0 version of Silver Fast by Lasersoft is superb! Best EVER!
I had 5,5, and was about to get Vuescan, but the new version looked so
feature packed, and easier to use than ever, I had to try the upgrade. And
WOW - what a difference. It 's all true - better interface, more features,
easier to access, it seems to be the best scanning software out there at the
moment. I had to go back and get SilverFast HDR for 48 bit processing of
camera and 'generic' scanner data. That as well is unbelievable.
    I would recommend Slverfast 6.0 for any scanning - it's that good. Vue
may come out and beat it with an upgrade, but it'll take a bit of work.
    EC
PS - the Silverfast folks are VERY helpful - I've had them walk me through
things when I first got started, and they are amazing. Made Nikon's 8000 go
from a barbershop quartet to the BSO!
- --

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Scanning Software for Nikon 8000 (probably 4000 as well))