Subject: [Leica] Festival of Tall Ships
From: Ron Miller & Bee Lian Tan <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:56:56 -0700

I've just finished scanning my Provia 100F shot at the Festival of Tall
Ships in San Pedro.
Since I had never seen these tall masted ships up close before, it was a
treat to see a number of these.
The "onboard visiting" lines were long for some, but I managed to get
onto the Ukrainian ship called
the Batkivshchyna whose Captain, Dmytro Biriukovich, was very charming
and spoke with anyone who was interested.
(pics: tallship 29, 30 and 32). I particularly liked the kind of wood
used on an Australian ship (pic: tallship 33 and 34 ). It was a trim
boat but a lady we spoke with said it manages to do fine in sail
competitions. It was quite interesting to see the rigging onboard, as
well as the various portable comforts which litter the interior. I'm
sorry I cannot identify the ships as I seemed to have lost the little
booklet they hand out describing each ship's particulars. If anyone has
info, I would be glad for some help in putting a name to each photo of a
ship.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/leitzgirl/folder-3431.html

Comments and feedback welcomed
best,