Subject: [Leica] OK I'm here and I'm staying here 2
From: AWahlster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:46:40 EDT

OK lets just say I was less then impressed with the first couple of weeks I
have been on the LUG. BUT I'm stubborn so I kept reading waiting to see if
something could be worth all the stuff that isn't worth reading! And it is.

So an introduction:

Mark Wahlster
Silverton, OR USA
45 married 2 kids

Advanced amateur, Photography as a hobby (sometimes paid) for 28+ years
Main system Canon FD (7 bodies 23 lenses) Will have own darkroom set this
Fall. I'm working on it now.

I have just started to collect/use Leica LTM cameras this grew out of my
collecting 1950's 35mm rangefinders mostly Braun Paxettes and Voigtlanders.
And a couple of totally accidental local finds that resulted in a trade for a
IIIf RD and a garage sale find (by my wife of a IIIg with 135 Hektor and 3.5
f2.8 Elmar for $150.00) I never thought I'd want a Leica now I don't seam to
want to put it down.

I own a very nice IIIf RD and a IIIg (in need of a CLA and shutter
adjustment)
5cm f2.8 Elmar            (EX++++)
5cm f1.5 Summarit       (just back from a CLA)
9cm f4    Elmar  A-36    (leaving tomorrow to be CLAed)
135mm f4.5 Hektor       (EX++++)

I'm looking to add a 3.5cm f3.5 Summaron  and later a 28mm f2.8 Canon

I'm not interested in the newer lenses since it's the way the older lenses
product the interests me. If I want super sharp with dead on color I'll just
mount up a 50mm f1.4 Canon on My T-90 or F1N and go make photos.

I got this stuff just to be able to do photos with the 1950's version of the
Leica look. I really like the B&W's my dad took with his If w/3.5cm f3.5
Elmar and want to do things with the same look and feel. (on a side note Dad
traded this Leica If for his Braun Super II in 1958 BIG MISTAKE but I love
the Braun anyway)

So now that you guys know who I am I have a simple question: A number of you
have very nice PAWs setup I looked at the version offered on the MUG but as
I'm not an M user that seams wrong to join just to use the format. So is
there a simple way to set up one of these PAWs? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Mark W.

Canonitis FD sufferer and collector of 1950s rangefinder cameras including
Braun/Paxettes and  Leica LTM

Show and tell: http://awahlster.tripod.com/photo

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, as you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup!

Replies: Reply from "Duncan" <pilot@aviationmission.com> (Re: [Leica] OK I'm here and I'm staying here 2)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] OK I'm here and I'm staying here 2)