Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Traveling to Canada from US...
From: Michael Cahill <mcahill@laurelgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:12:03 -0400

We were courteous and very understanding, didn't have much of a choice.
I think if I was anything but courteous they would have forced me to
unload the entire car. The Canadian agents were very polite and
efficient.  I found the U.S. agents were similar to what I've
encountered with police in small towns in southern New Jersey; a bit too
Rambo-esque toward toward the least dangerous members of society.  Last
time I checked middle-aged couples from suburban Philadelphia haven't
posed much of a security risk.  This is the same kind of treatment we've
encountered at airports recently.

Mike

On Tuesday, October 8, 2002, at 06:53 PM, Dave Richards wrote:

> On numerous trips back and forth I have always found the law
> enforcement people
> on both sides of the border efficient and polite.  They have a dirty,
> dangerous,
> generally thankless job and usually do it well in the face of rudeness
> and arrogance.
> I have found that courtesy and a little understanding works pretty well.
>
> Dave Richards
> Centennial, Colorado
>
>> was in Eastern Canada in August.  Had passports, weren't needed.  Two
>> forms of ID were sufficient.  Coming back through to the States we were
>> accosted by the Border Patrol.  Certain bags in the car were searched,
>> questions asked and we were generally made to feel uncomfortable,
>> something these guys are really good at.
>>

> --

The Laurel Group
On-Site Creative Services

Site Location: