Subject: [Leica] flat-bed scanner (for Mac) recommendations
From: William Gower <w_gower@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 19:44:20 -0400

> I need a flat-bed scanner that will let me scan in negatives to make a
> proof-sheet, without using my film scanner and photoshop to do the same thing
> which would take a LOT longer.
>
> I use OS X (I know there are scanners that aren't handled under X as of yet.)

You might be surprised.

I couldn't use my Minolta Scanner with VueScan X under 10.1.5, then after
installing 10.2 everything suddenly, magically worked.

BTW - for those who haven't tied it yet, VueScan X is worlds better than the
OS9 version.

With respect to a scanner, the Epson 2450 has a lot of fans on the list.

I think someone on the list (Frank Filippone ??) made his own transparency
adapter for a plain vanilla flat-bed.

Regards

William

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] flat-bed scanner (for Mac) recommendations)