Subject: [Leica] Lying to Subjects?
From: "Gregory Rubenstein" <gcr910@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 20:50:25 +0000

Lots of good comments. As a former PJ and by personal preference,I agree
with the advice to level with the folks you're photographing.

I will, however, admit that as a PJ I did lie about my name a couple of
times to gain access when I was missing or omitted from lists of "accredited
shooters." My favorite was when I saw a list without my name, spotted the
name of a well-known reporter and, next to his name, the notation "And One."
Told 'em that was me and got in.

Truth is I didn't like those deceptions, but at least the folks there knew I
was a media shooter and there were no doubts about how the photos would be
used.

My 2-1/2 cents worth.

Greg Rubenstein