Subject: [Leica] Scanner questions: Epson 2450, 836XL
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:54:55 -0700

I have several questions to ask specificallly around the issue of EASE of
scanning... how do you insert the negs or chromes  ( note, NOT prints of
other reflective material) into the scanner.  For instance, I have 35mm negs
in strips of 6, 120 film in strips of 3 or 4, and 4x5 negs.

Is there a "holder" for the negs?  Only a mask? Is there the chance to use
the printfile sheets directly ( if your scanner is a 11x17 style)?

Interested scanners are the Epson 2450, 836XL.  Of if you have a scanner
that is easy to use, please chime in.....

If you wish, respond off-list....

Last issue,,, is there a film scanner that will take in 120 film in a full
roll  of 12 images and scan it automatically as well as 35mm roll of 36
images?  something that requires essentially no user intervention....... but
must do both 120 and 35mm.... ???

Thanks

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net