Subject: RE: [Leica] Increased grain in JOBO processing
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:33:04 -0700

On 10/3/02 Austin Franklin  wrote:

>I believe XTOL says NOT to pre-soak...  Do you have an 1000 or a 1500?  If
>you have a 1000, you have no choice I don't believe.  Still, that shouldn't
>give you increased grain size, I don't believe...

Hi Austin,

Thanks for your thoughts.

This is the CPE-2 processor so it's entirely manual I can presoak or not at my
wish.

I don't remember reading the don't pre-soak XTOL but I'll look at the
documetation with the XTOL and see.

I remember some of the JOBO processing people here saying that they DID presoak
their JOBO processed film to alleviate some of the effects of continuous
agitation.

Best regards,

Adam