Subject: Re: [Leica] quick lens poll.
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:14:53 +0200

> I have an M7 and 1 lens, a 50 Summicron.
> I shoot all available light, often indoors, occasionally wide open with 400
> speed (films TCN & NPH).
> Subjects tend to be people, often leaning towards to portraiture.
> Next lens should be a

_if_ you tend to make mostly portraits, then:
> C) 90 2.8

If you want to shoot people, action, SP, then
> B) 28 2.0

but IMO the best thing you can use is 2/35 + 2.8/90 combo and forgetting about
Summicron. 35mm is THE lens for 'telling a story' - enoughly wide to emphasize
main subject, but still easier to handle (and forget about e.g keeping camera
level) than 28mm. And 90mm can help you make portraits with fuzzy background,
which are loved by subjects :)

28mm requires some experience to be used well - you need to find interesting
subject to put close to lens. 35/1.4 is too front-heavy and you will rarely
need that speed IMO - you can usually hold still 35mm at 1/15 and still get
a reasonably sharp photo :)

just my 0.02 c :)
- --
                                St.