Subject: Re: [Leica] Biggest Hole in Europe
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@fucha.pl>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:19:00 +0200

> Looking back at the enlarged detail from your print I have to agree that
> the film is very sharp indeed.  I thought I was seeing the grain on the
> smaller picture but that must be some grain alaising effect.

Probably grain aliasing. I scanned a enlargement on rather crappy and cheap Agfa
SnapScan 1200p scanner - and choosed by me resolution (300 dpi) caused this
effect.

> Mine was purchased in Slovakia and developed here in D-76 1:1.  I can't
> say much about sharpness since all of mine was shot in one day while it
> was raining.

And quality is indeed very good :)

> The Foma 400 that I ordered from Europe has been fairly consistent, but
> I would not consider that to be a fine grain film.  Interesting tho.
>
> I agree with the other poster that the 200 holds a lot of promise.

Foma AFAIK stopped producing Foma T200 and T800 because of patent issues
with Kodak and his T-Max films. I don't know details for sure, I will make
a little research.. :)
Now Foma sells Creative 200 and Creative 800 emulsions - those are similar
to original T***, but indeed require slightly changed development time .

I personally don't like Foma - as they bought dying Fotopan - polish
photochemical company, which made for some 20 years Fotopan HL - a very
good film on a Ilford license; basically a HP4, slightly modified - and
killed it. Now Fotopan/Foma makes only a small amounts of roentgen
plates and thats all left from once big and proud company.

But Foma makes good rapid fixer - Fomafix - some 2$ for 500 ml
dilutable 1+5 for making working solution, and some other things :)
- --
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ¬liMC)
                   http://www.familyofman2.com