Subject: [Leica] OT -Parking by ear NO MORE!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 16:57:43 -0400

- -- Hey -- Gotta tell ya this one.

    When I went to Vet School in Downtown Boston (the first half (2 yrs.)
was in the basement of the Medical School!) I was late for morning class,
and trying to parallel park my BIG ol' 1985 K5 Chevy Blazer. It was winter,
sunny but real cold,  and they never plow the street THAT well so there's
ice all over. Circled the block 6 times -- And THERE it was -- the most
beautiful parking place in the world! I parallel parked that baby so fast
and, as I was backing in, LOOKING OVER my shoulder mind ya, I hear "Ice
Crunching under my rear wheels. Well - happens all the time - plow guys
can't get to the side streets in Chinatown, and cars are parked over spots
anyway. BUT I gotta go further back to get closer to the curb and 'gap' the
truck OK, so I leave it in reverse and give it 'a little more gas' - MORE
CRUNCHING accompanied by a LOUD HORN --- well, it was my parasitology
instructor. I wasn't late for class...
    I learned how not only identify Deer ticks in that class, but how to
search the state's junkyards to replace the grille on his 69 Dodge Dart.
Luckily, he was one of those types of profs - driving his 'winter' car, not
the 7 series BMW....
    EC