Subject: RE: [Leica] re: how easy/expensive is digital
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:24:35 -0500

Adam Bridgeabridge@mac.com (Adam Bridge)9/30/029:09 PM

>But you are saying there are now combinations that are equal to film. Say Tri-X
>or Portra 160 or 400.
>
>What are they and when will we see the price-point drop to non-heroic levels?
>
>Peltier cooling for the chip is cheating.
>
>Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

For those interested in discussions of the state-of-the-art digital hardware and optics (without concern for the price-point), you may wish to subscribe to the ProRental list. The folks on that list qualify as users of the high-end stuff for professional work.

a recent post:

   "As any high end digital back user will know,the quality of the image off
of a professional back far exceeds that of film. Far better dynamic
range, better colour fidelity and better sharpness, especially when using
dedicated digital lenses.

Also bear in mind that film is effectively going through two lens
systems,that of the camera and that of the scanner."

To send mail to this list, send it to prorental@prorental.com