Subject: [Leica] Re- Clementine
From: "Neal Friedenthal" <neal@nairobisafari.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:32:23 -0400

I usually avoid jumping in on these "controversial" threads, but I have to do so here. While I have no problems with the image itself, it is quite nice and very
tastefully done, everyone seems to have missed one important issue, Clementine is only 17 years old. At 17 she is below the age of concent.  Her parent or
guardian would have to give permission for the picture to be posted or for that matter taken. The photographer has left himself open for possible civil or even
criminal action should the girl or her parents object to the photo. To photograph a minor, nude, without parental permission and supervision leaves the
photographer open to a charge of statutory rape even if, as I'm sure is the case here, nothing more happened than the photo session.  To take the photo even
with parental concent would in my opinion be ill advised, to post it without permission is downright stupid.  Believe me I am no prude, but I am a realist you have
to cover your butt in this world.

Replies: Reply from "Philip Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com> ([Leica] Photography topic)