Subject: RE: [Leica] Thoughts on digital and the impact on Leica
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:03:59 -0400

Don,

> This was posted earlier but anyone interested in digital should
> re-read this
> article,
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/1ds/1ds-field.shtml
>
> Pay attention to the comparison to film.  You will notice that this 11MP
> camera is resolving more than film with the 70-200L lens.

That calls to question the integrity of the article and testing.  I KNOW
that 11M pixels from a Bayer pattern CCD is FAR less than most any properly
developed and exposed film.

I'm being nice here, but what I really want to say is that claim is simply
BS.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] Thoughts on digital and the impact on Leica)